1. Release Summary
2. Usability Enhancement
2.1 UI/UX Improvements
2.1.1 New Look & Easier Interaction for Setting Up Your Calendar
In this release, we have redesigned the application calendar with some industry-proven best practices of the new-gen UX design. The new look is simple and more intuitive. It will help you define your working pattern for all weekdays simply by providing the default working hours and start time. It also helps you view holidays across levels together without having to tab between organization or project level holidays.. The different time slots of your working time are maintained in the Advanced Settings. Read more about the new look of the Calendar feature here.
NOTE: Refer to the Functional Impact section to understand how the new calendar may affect existing data in the calendar.
2.2 ECR Framework
2.2.1 Index-wise Sorting of Master List Values using ADDMASTERLISTITEM Literal
Earlier, the values of a master list added using the ADDMASTERLISTITEM literal were sorted in the alphabetical order by default. Now we have introduced an optional parameter in the literal to help you sort the master list values index wise also. This will provide you the flexibility of sorting the masterlist values index-wise by providing the index number or keep it sorted alphabetically by default.
2.3.1 Distinguish between a Comment and its Reply through REST API
We have introduced two new keys (UserID and ResponseTo) in the response of the getCommentsForItems REST API under EFormService. These keys will help you know which comment is the parent comment and which comment is the reply to a comment.
3. Functional Impact
3.1 Functional Impact due to New Calendar
- You can enter time in the calendar in the multiples of 30 minutes only like 9 hrs, 10.5 hrs etc. Prior to upgrading to this release, if you have entered time in minutes which is not in multiple of 30 minutes, then the time will be rounded off to the nearest time slot (multiple of 30 mins). For example, if the existing start time slot is 8:15 am then in the new UI, the start time will become 8:30 am. Similarly if the existing end time slot is 6:14 pm then in the new UI, the end time will become 6:00 pm.
- The default start time or work hours entered in the Weekly Pattern page is disabled, if the respective start time or work hours entered in the Advanced Settings page is different. For example if the start time and work hours in the Weekly Pattern page is 8 am and 9 hrs respectively. And if the start time and end time in the Advanced Settings page is 9 am and 7 pm respectively, then the start time and work hours entered in the Weekly Pattern page is disabled. To make these value enabled in Weekly pattern page, make sure both the screens have same working hours.
- Leave Reason will be a manual entry field and not based on a drop-down list of values. All the existing values of the drop-down list will turn into free-flow text.
- Exception Type in the personal calendar will no longer be available. Existing data will be retained as-is in the backend till the time you change anything in the new calendar UI and save it. Once you change anything and click the Save button in the new calendar UI, the back-end data will be overwritten with new data.
- There is no option to define a holiday as a working day in the new UI. Existing working holidays will be retained as-is in the backend till the time you change anything in the new calendar UI and save it. Once you change anything and click the Save button in the new calendar UI, the back-end data will be overwritten with new data.
4. Defects Addressed
5. Platform Supported
7. Annexure 1: Release Compatibility
Release Compatibility: SwiftEnterprise 9.0.0 and above means, while upgrading an existing customer installation of SwiftEnterprise, you will consider following –
7.1 Upgrading the database component
- If your current release is prior to SwiftEnterprise 9.0.0, then you must upgrade the database by running DB.EXE for all the interim releases up to SwiftEnterprise 9.0.0.
- Once you have reached 9.0.0 version, you can directly run SwiftEnterprise 9.4.0 DB.EXE
- If your current release is SwiftEnterprise 9.0.0 or above, you can directly run SwiftEnterprise 9.4.0 DB.EXE
7.2 Upgrading the WildFly component
- Make deployment as mentioned in the ReadME.pdf, present in the SwiftEnterprise 9.4.0 release folder.
- If your current release is SwiftEnterprise 9.3.0, then follow the deployment impact present in this release document.
- If your current release is prior to SwiftEnterprise 9.3.0, you must apply the deployment impacts mentioned in all the interim releases up to SwiftEnterprise 9.3.0. Once that is done, then follow the deployment impact present in this release document.
7.3 MSP Plugin Version
The MSP Plugin Version is not tied to release compatibility. It is changed whenever there are fixes or enhancements in the plugin code. The MSP plugin version is mentioned in the Release Summary section of the Release Notes. We append ‘updated’ tag to the version number if there is a change in the plugin version shipped in the previous SwiftEnterprise release.