Time analytics represents the aggregation of time (by various summation methods) of the cards spent on individual columns or sub-columns of the selected region of the value-stream within the Temporal Range.
The total time can be measured against on any of the attributes like Name, Card Type, Class Of service, Size, Priority and Value, measure, queue. These attributes can be dragged and placed either horizontally or vertically in the table.
For example, placing queue as horizontal rows and measure as vertical columns (as shown in the image below) and summarizing the time as Average would show the average Block, Cycle, Wait and Work Time against each column or sub-column of the value-stream.
- Blocked Time: Time the card was blocked in the columns or sub-columns of the value-stream
- Cycle Time: Sum of Time spent in each column the card passed through on the board, including the Blocked Time.
- Work Time: Time spent by a card in the ‘In-Progress’ Column types – The time the card was blocked in these columns
- Wait Time: Blocked Time +Time spent by a card in the ‘Ready’, ‘Completed’ and ‘Done’ Column Type
Configuring the Analytics
The columns or queues on the board are plotted horizontally into table rows. The vertical columns in the table indicate the measures of time: block, cycle, wait and work time.
- Select the type of table or chart from the variety of options, such as Table, Bar Chart, Heatmap, Row Heatmap, and Column Heatmap.
- Select the method of summation such as Count, Sum, Average, Minimum, Maximum, 80% Upper Bound, Sum as Fraction of Total, and so on.
- Drag and drop an attribute like Name, Type, Team, and Value to the Row or Column label and render the table or chart according to your requirement.
- Refine your data further by adjusting the Temporal Range or selecting the particular Filters and Value-Streams in the Filter pane. To know more about it, see this Help Page.