This realease introduces several enhancements and new features.
Here are the highlights of SwiftKanban version 4.8:
- Common Custom Fields on the Card View
- Minimum WIP Limit for a Column
- Enhanced Portfolio
Common Custom Fields on the Card View
In SwiftKanban, you can capture specific, customized information of a task or work item in the custom fields of a card. But, earlier they were visible only in the Card Edit view, where you can view and update the values of those fields.
With this release, the common custom fields can also be made viewable on the Card View. You have a great flexibility of executing following configuration related to custom fields:
- At an Admin level, add a custom field which is common across all card types. You can also set the field type, input method, icon, and other details for that common field.
- Enable that field at the Admin level so that it is available to be used at the board level.
- At a board level, take a call whether you want to show that custom field on the Card View. So, you have a choice of showing that field in one board, and hiding in another.
Minimum WIP Limit for a Column
One of the key principles of Kanban is to limit the Work-in-progress(WIP) so that you can better manage the end-to-end workflow. To support and enhance that capability, we have now introduced the minimum WIP limit at a column level.
Now, you can also configure the minimum WIP limit at a column level, so that you can identify any imbalance in the cadence, work on the bottleneck and restore the continuous even flow of work.
You can set both the maximum and minimum WIP limit of a column while configuring it in the Modify Process screen, and the same will be displayed in the board column in the following manner:
We have enhanced the Portfolio feature to a greater extent so that you have the flexibility of measuring and managing the progress of the parent-level cards based on three different parameters.
- Hierarchy: The first one is based on the progress of the child cards, the parent card in a Portfolio Lane is automatically moved forward, from 0% to 100% completion.
- To-Do: Second option is based on the completion of To-Do’s of a parent card. So, the parent card is automatically moved forward from 0% to 100% completion based on the status of its To-Do’s.
- Manual: Third one is based on the manual entry of completion percentage directly into the parent card. Therefore, the card is automatically moved forward based on that completed percentage.
We hope you like these new improvements!
As always, your feedback and suggestions are invaluable to us. Please keep them coming on the SwiftKanban Feedback portal and let others vote on them as well!
If you see an error or an issue, drop us a quick note on email@example.com.