This release introduces several enhancements and new features.
Here are the highlights of SwiftKanban version 3.5.11:
- Creating Cards and Importing Card Hierarchy using Microsoft Excel
- Linking Cards on Backlog Board
- Viewing Queue-wise Cycle Time Analysis Report
- Creating Card Hierarchy using Quick Edit
- User WIP
- Hierarchy Progress Bar
- Creating and linking Parent Card in the Linked Cards Tab
- Searching Child Card by its Title in the Linked Cards Tab
- Opening Projects in Multiple Tabs
- Adding Teams Column in People List
- Introducing Done lane Type
- Webservices Enhancements
Now you can use Microsoft® Excel to create new card, map relationship hierarchy among new and existing cards and import that file into SwiftKanban.
- Here are some advantages of this new feature:
- Add and link multiple cards (work-items) at a time ensuring time save
- Data migration from a third party tool such as Atlassian Jira into SwiftKanban
- Moreover, you can also place a new card in a particular queue in the Kanban board using the same Excel sheet. To place the new card in a particular queue, enter the queue name in the Current Queue column in the Excel sheet.
Now, you can quickly create, modify, or delete multiple parent-child relationship of cards using the Quick Edit feature in SwiftKanban.
You can define WIP limit for every user and apply that limit across all projects for that user using User WIP feature.
WIP limit can be set based on different decimal value based parameters such as card count, estimate days and so on.
Hierarchy progress bar provides you the visual indication of how much progress has been made by the card and its children. It provides an opportunity to illustrate the amount of work done and status of card completion.
This circular progress bar, which represents the progression state using percentage, appears on the extreme top-left of a parent card.
Hovering over the progress bar displays the overall percentage of the parent card, and clicking the Hierarchy Progress icon will show the percentage of completion of each linked child card.
The completion percentage of a parent card is calculated based on whether it’s child cards are archived, or moved to the Done lane or beyond.
Now, in the Linked Cards page, you can not only search and link an existing card as parent card, but also create a new parent card while establishing the parent-child relationship.
Clicking the search icon will search and link an existing card as parent card and clicking the “+” icon will create a new parent card and set a parent-child relationship.
Searching a child card has been made easy. While searching a child card in the in the Linked Cards page, you no more need to prefix “Title:” before the actual card title. Just enter the title text to search and find the required card to be linked.
You can simultaneously open and work on the multiple projects in multiple tabs in your browser. Each of those tabs will show the name of the project.
New Lane Type, Done has been introduced. Setting a Lane Type as Done signifies that all the activities are complete for the cards placed on this lane.
- You can define a lane type as Done only once in a single Swim-Lane.
- Done Lane type is available only if you have the required license for Card Hierarchy.
- The key difference between “Completed” and “Done” lane types is any card placed on the Done lane will only be considered while calculating the Hierarchy Progress of its parent card.
Now, the People List in SwiftKanban also has Teams column, which shows the team names to which the user belongs to.
You can also use Teamsdrop-down list to further filter your search on people.
Searching a child card has been made easy.
While searching a child card in the in the Linked Cards page, you no more need to prefix Title:before the actual card title.
Just enter the title text to search and find the required card to be linked
Following are the new webservices:
Following are the two new attributes added in getActivityLogwebserviceresponse:
Following are the new webservicesrelated to card flagging:
Following are the new webservices: