Get some quick status on work in a consolidated view along with significant metrics through SwiftKanban operational reports – Status reports and Timesheet reports.
All the cards which had any movements on the board (either addition to the backlog or movement to any other lane) between the lanes are displayed in this report. The Status reports display the status of cards in two different views namely:-
- Team-Member-wise: –This status report gives a quick snapshot of following:-
- Which cards did various team members work on during the week( or selected date range)? and how much time was spent, working/ waiting?
- What are they working on currently?
- What is in their backlog to work on next?
- Card-wise: – Card-wise status summary helps in analyzing the progress for various cards, through various value-stream stages and to identify the work/ wait times in those stages and plan improvements to reduce the time. The detailed status helps you to analyze the card progress as it moved through each lane.
Timesheet Report: Track the actual effort logged by team members or the remaining effort required to complete the ‘in-progress’ tasks. You can even track the break-up of Estimated Actual, and remaining effort for every To-Do created for a card.
Net Work Time: Get a report of network time for each card worked upon while the card was in-progress and not blocked or unassigned. This way the actual work on a card can be compared to the initial estimation.
Lane-wise Cycle Time Analysis: This report helps you identify the problem area in your project by providing an analytical insight into Average Work Time, Average Wait Time and so on of your cards for each column of the project.
To know more about how you can effectively use this report, see this Help topic.
Note: To help you interpret the reports better, the report header displays the selected filter options.
If Lanes are enabled in the Kanban board process, the ‘Lane’ column will be displayed in the ‘Status by Team Member’ and ‘Status by Card’ reports to identify the applicable Lane for the card.
To generate the Status reports, navigate to your project and select Reports from the project menu.
To view reports based on Team Members, click the Status by Team Member tab.
To view the report based on cards, click the Status by Card tab.
- The report is displayed for all cards and all team members by default.
- To filter the reports further, click the Filter icon on the Side toolbar on the left edge and select from the filter options.
- In the Filter By option, select Date to view card movements for cards on the board during a specific date range. Alternately, select the Status option to view details for cards with a specific status. Select the following options, applicable for Date and Status options:
- Start/End Date:– The start and end date to generate the report. This is applicable for Date option.
Note: When you select Date option, those cards which fall between the Start and End date and Start and End column set by you are shown in this report. Moreover, the End Date in the report is shown N/A for those cards which are archived anywhere between the Start and End column.
- Card Status: If you have selected the Status option, select All, In-Progress, or Blocked, as required. The status ‘In-Progress’ indicates the cards active on the board. Also, select the View. Select Detailed if you want to view movements of the card across lanes, along with the metrics for each card movement. Select Summary to view the details and analytics of the card, while it is in the current lane.
- Card Type – You can filter the report based on various card types available/defined. E.g. User Stories, Issues, Defects or any custom card types configured for the project.
- Display Metrics In (Days/Hours/Minutes): The metrics can be rolled up based on what you select as the Time unit i.e Weeks, Days, or Hours. You can use the rolled-up metrics for better comparison and analysis. This will also make it easier to work upon and share the exported numerical data of the Status report in the rolled-up time-unit you prefer. By default, the metrics are displayed in exact time i.e. in the format days, hours, and minutes.
- Priority – Filter based on various priority values e.g. Critical, High, Medium, etc.
- Lane: Select one or all lanes, if you have defined more than one. If you select the ‘All’ option, the chart considers all cards that exited the last lane.
- Start Lane and End Lane: Choose exactly the stages for which you want to generate the report by selecting the Start Lane and End Lane. The charts consider the cards that have exited the End Lane in the date range and may or may not have entered the Start Lane.
- Class of Service: – Filter based on various classes of service for e.g. Expedite, Fixed Delivery Date, etc.
- Size – Filter based on card size values i.e. XL, L, M, etc.
- Team Member – To view the status of cards for specific team members in the project, select the By Team Member option. To select multiple team members, hold down the CTRL or SHIFT keys in combination with the cursor/arrow keys.
- To view the status of cards for team members belonging to a Team, select the By Team option. The Team is defined at the enterprise level where users are selected to be part of a team. The ‘By Team’ list displays these members, provided any of the members of the team are assigned to your project. For example, if there are 15 teams at the enterprise level and members from only 4-5 teams have been invited to this project, only those teams will be displayed in the list.
Click Close. The report will be displayed based on the filter options selected.
Timesheet Report helps you to track the actual effort logged by team members or the remaining effort required to complete the ‘in-progress’ tasks. You can even track the break-up of Estimated Actual, and remaining effort for every To-Do created for a card. The report also provides various filter options that’ll help you to track effort for specific card types, team members/team, and period.
This report is available if you have enabled the Time-Tracking plug-in (Admin>>Plugins>>TimeTracking (beta). Contact the SwiftKanban support team to request for the plugin.
- To generate the Timesheet report, click the Timesheet Report tab in the Project>>Reports view. The report is displayed for the current week, all cards, and all team members by default.
- To filter the reports further, click the Filter icon on top-right and select from the following filter options:
Start/End Date:– The start and end date to generate the report.
Card Type – You can filter the report based on various card types available/defined. E.g. User Stories, Issues, Defects or any custom card types configured for the project.
Team Member – To view the status of cards for specific team members in the project, select the By Team Member option. To select multiple team members, hold down the CTRL or SHIFT keys in combination with the cursor/arrow keys. To view the status of cards for team members belonging to a Team, select the By Team option. The Team is defined at the enterprise level where users are selected to be part of a team. The ‘By Team’ list displays these members, provided any of the members of the team are assigned to your project.
Click Close. The report will be displayed based on the filter options selected.
The report displays the effort-Team Member-wise/Team-wise, listing the Cards and To-Dos along with the Timelog Date i.e. the dates when the effort was logged. If modified, the effort is displayed as many times it was modified, provided the Timelog date of the To-Do falls in the date range set in the filter option.
The report also shows the total effort of each To-Do for every card listed. The Expand and Collapse button for every team member gives a better view thereby reducing scrolling through a long report.
Net Work Time Report helps you to track the actual time spent on working on a card excluding its blocked time and the time it was unassigned in lanes of In-progress type. The report provides various filter options that’ll help you to track work time for cards during a particular date range or based on the status of cards, irrespective of owner or team.
Note: The Status By Card and Net Work Time reports may look similar, but there is a difference in the calculation. The Net Work Time does not include the time the cards were unassigned in the ‘In-Progress’ lanes.
The reports can be viewed and saved in MS Excel format. If you have filtered the list for specific team members or cards, the report will be saved/viewed for filtered cards/team members. Click the Export icon on the top-right of the toolbar. You can save the file in MS Excel or your preferred spreadsheet application and even use it for generating pivot tables.