Templates in SwiftKanban are ready-to-use Board models (comprising of Smart Lane Settings, Card Types, and Board Policies) that you can select while creating a project.
Template in SwiftKanban can be a great feature when you pla n to perform any of these tasks:
- Save the time and effort of manually creating the Kanban board from scrtach
- Reuse any existing Kanban project as template to create similar type of project in future
You can use the Template feature in Swiftkanban to perform various tasks, such as:
To add a template, perform the following task:
- Go to Admin>> Settings, and click the Templates icon on the toolbar. In the Templates view, click the Create icon on the Side toolbar.
- Enter the Template name and description, and click the Create button. The Kanban Board for the template is displayed. Alternatively, you can open the template by navigating to Admin > Settings > Templates view and double clicking it from the Template list.
In the Kanban Board of the Template, you can perform following tasks:
You can make changes to a template profile and Kanban Board, however the changes do not flow down to the existing projects using the template.
To edit, double click the template in the Templates view.
You can also go to the Template Profile by clicking the Profile menu displayed on hovering on the breadcrumb.
- In the Profile, you can edit the template details such as name, and description, enter comments, upload,download or delete attachments and also remove the template itself by clicking the Delete button.
- To edit the Kanban board of the template, hover on the breadcrumb and click Kanban Board from the menu. Click the Modify Process icon on the toolbar. Make changes to the Board and save.
You can save an existing board in a project as a template. This can be later used for creating a new project with the pre-configured board, card types, and board policies.
Go to Admin >> All Projects. Select the required project and click the Save As Template () icon on the toolbar.
In the Create New Template window, provide the ‘Template Name’ and ‘Description’ and save this as a template. It appears in the Admin >> Templates List view. When creating a project, it can be selected in the Templates list.
Thanksgiving each year is a big occasion for family and friends – to get together, eat, drink, and be merry – and of course, be grateful for what we have!
SwiftKanban provides a ‘ready-to-use’ Thanksgiving Template that can be used for any party planning, birthday bash, or holidaying. Give it a whirl and don’t forget to tell us how the visual planning helped you.