SwiftKanban interface has been designed with great care to enable quick and easy access to the modules and includes many new paradigms. Let’s take a quick look at the various interface elements:
- Search: Search cards on the board, backlog, and across boards based on the search string entered.
- Notifications: On subscribing to receive notifications in the Notification widget, you will be notified of various events occurring such as a card is added, blocked by a user, or WIP is violated, etc. You will even see Instant Notification pop-up at the bottom-right corner. By clicking the highlighted link in the pop-up, you can navigate to the card. To subscribe, click the Settings icon in the Notification widget, you can subscribe to receive notifications by email, and/or Notifications widget.
- Home: It consists of a personal board, Todo board, Flags board, Due Date board, calendar, and charts that contain all the information of the cards that are assigned to you.
- Recent Boards: The Recent Boards widget not only lists five recently accessed boards but also enables quick navigation. The corresponding icons-Kanban Board, Analytics, and Backlog indicate quick links on the board.
- Help & Support: Links to access SwiftKanban help resources, Improve and share SwiftKanban publicly, etc.
- What’s New: The What’s new pop-up displays the latest feature updates.
- Help: SwiftKanban online help including video tutorials, FAQs, Glossary, and links to important Kanban resources.
- Cheat Sheet: Provides the detailed description of all the menus in a single view.
- Take a Tour: Provides help on features/icons available on the view in context. For new users, the onboarding video tutorials are also available.
- Guided Tours: It will give you an onboard demo that will help you to easily perform the task.
- Settings Navigator: Navigates you to the respective settings page.
- Feedback/Support: Contribute to the community forum by posting feedback and voting on suggestions/ideas to improve Swift-Kanban further.
- About SwiftKanban: Information on the current SwiftKanban version.
- Dashboards: The Dashboard module lets you create a personalized dashboard view using an array of widgets available in the application. Click here to read more about Dashboards.
- Boards: The Board module lets you create workspaces/boards for managing your work. Each workspace can be managed separately and can have a separate backlog, team members, process and a Kanban board.
- People: As an administrator, the People module lets you create users in the application, who can be invited to work on different boards. Click here to read more about People menu.
- Admin: As an administrator, perform administrative activities such as defining card types, enterprise-level settings, etc.
3. Profile: Indicates as who you are currently logged in. On clicking the Profile pic (i.e. your username initials, by default), displays the following links to set up your profile:
- View Profile: Displays your profile, which you can update (Personal Details, Picture, etc.). Also, you can reset your password and subscribe to notifications.
- This is the main application work-area, where work-items are shown in list view or detailed view.
- Change Password: Quick link to change your password, without going to the profile.
- Recommend: Recommend SwiftKanban to a friend on:
- Google +
- Application Theme Palette: Choose Color Themes for applying to SwiftKanban.
- Logout: Log out of the application.
4. Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs in SwiftKanban are innovative and designed not only to indicate ‘where you are’ in the application but also displays menus, based on the context, for navigation. For e.g. when you select a board and roll-over mouse on the ‘Board Name’, you can see the board menus.
5. Work Area: This is the main application work-area, where work-items are shown in list view or detailed view.
6. Side toolbar: The features available for the module i.e. the screen in context, can be performed using the icons on the Side toolbar on the left. The icon names appear on mouse-over.