Get team members to work with you in the project by inviting them. You can only invite members from the list of users existing in the enterprise. These are added in the ‘People’ menu. You can invite members to work in your project. Team members may be working on other projects.
To invite a team member to your project:
- Go to your Project by rolling over the Project Name in the breadcrumb and clicking Team Member in the project menu. If you are not already in your project, click the Main Menu on the top and then click the Projects link. From the List of Projects view, double-click the required project and then select Team Member.
- In the List of team Members view, click the Invite icon on the Side toolbar on the left. The Invite Team Member window lists the users in the application along with the Login Id and Role (which was set when adding the user into SwiftKanban).
Note that the ‘Teams feature (Beta version, available on request) also displays the Team List column with the Team List Filter. The Teams are defined at the enterprise-level where a user can be included in one or more teams. The Team list column displays the team(s) to which the user belongs when inviting the user. To get this feature enabled in your account, get in touch with our support team today!
To search specific users, type the part of the text in the boxes on the top. As you type, the names with matching text will appear in the list below along with the role.
- For the user you want to invite, select the role from the list for the user. For example, Member. Users with ‘Reader’ as primary role can be invited to projects with ‘Reader’ role only while users with ‘Manager’ or ‘Member’ as primary role can be assigned a ‘Reader’ role in projects. For more information on roles, see Roles in SwiftKanban help page.
- Click the Invite button for the required user.
- Close the Invite Team Member window. An invitation mail will be sent to the invited user.
The List of Team Members now displays the invited member who is now a part of your team.
Changing the Role of a Team Member
To change the role of a team member, from the List of Team Members view, double-click the role name to see options and change the role. In the example below, to change the role of Jessica, double-click the Member role displaying. Select the new role and click Save.
From the List of Team Members view, you can also:
- View a team member’s profile by selecting a team member and clicking the View icon. Alternatively, you can just double-click the team member name to view their profile.
- Delete a team member from the project by selecting a team member and clicking the Delete icon.
- Search/Filter team members by typing any text in the empty filter boxes above that column. If you are not able to view the empty filter boxes, click the Filter icon on the Side toolbar.
- Sort team members based on any column name by clicking the column label.
Delete Team Members
When deleting a team member, the team member may have some cards assigned in the project. As work needs to be carried forward through completion, you cannot delete the team member, until these cards are reassigned.
When removing a team member from the project, you can reassign the active cards to any other team member or tag as ‘Unassigned’ to be assigned later.
This helps in easier project administration where team members need to be removed when they leave or invited to other project.
To delete a team member and reassign cards:
- Navigate to the required project, click the Projects link from the main menu and double-click the project row in the list.
- Roll-over on the project name in the breadcrumb and click Team Member from the menu.
- In the List of Team Member view, click the team member row and click the Delete icon on the Side toolbar. Click Yes in the confirmation window.
- If there are no active cards assigned, the team member is deleted. Click OK in successful deletion message window.
- If there are active cards assigned to the team member, you need to reassign these cards. From the list, select the team member to whom you want to assign the cards. To reassign the cards later, select ‘Unassigned from the list. Click OK in successful deletion message window.