This is just the pre-release information. This feature will be available in SwiftKanban Soon.
Microsoft Team Integration is a part of Office 365 which allows you to schedule meetings, create channels, chat with teams, collaborate and work together, and work on different documents inside the app. To know more about the MS Teams and its integration, see this information on the MS Teams page.
SwiftKanban is available in the Microsoft Teams as a tab. You can add SwiftKanban to any of your channels in the Microsoft teams to access your Kanban board and perform several activities using the SwiftKanban commands available in the MS Teams. For example, You can create a new card using the “Create Card” command, modify some information of a card using the “Update Details” command, add a comment to a card using the “Comment” command, route a card to another column or lane using the “Move Card” command.
These commands help you perform the card operations directly from MS Teams without going to the SwiftKanban app. So, it is important for users who are using both MS teams and SwiftKanban app as they can now manage their SwiftKanban account and perform various card operations from MS Teams itself. It will not only save them time but also provide an easier and faster way to work with SwiftKanban.
Note: You must have a SwiftKanban account to access SwiftKanban in MS Team. If you do not have a SwiftKanban account, then click here to open a SwiftKanban account.
Add SwiftKanban to MS Teams
- Sign into Microsoft Teams and open a channel of your choice.
- In the left toolbar, click the Apps icon
- In the app window, type SwiftKanban in the Search bar and select it from the list of apps given below.
Note: If you can’t find out SwiftKanban in the apps, please contact your Microsoft Team Administrator to ensure SwiftKanban has not been blocked in your account.
- Select whether you want to add this to your team or chat by selecting the respective option. Click the Add button. By default, it is added to a team.
- Once you select a team or a chat where you wan to add the application, click the Set up button.
For selecting a team –
For selecting a chat-
- While clicking the Set up, you can also select, whether you want to add this app to a tab or post by clicking the drop-down icon and selecting the required option.
- Provide your SwiftKanban URL on the login page.
- If selected ‘Select a Tab’ option earlier then the SwiftKanban app appears as a tab in your MS Team account. In the tab, SwiftKanban Login page appears.
- Enter the login ID and password to log into the SwiftKanban app.
- If selected ‘Select a Post’ option earlier, then in the ‘Posts‘, you need login into the SwiftKanban app from here (one-time only) to use the Swiftkanban Bot.
- Provide the URL of your SwiftKanban app, login ID, and authorization token in the Login window. To know about the authorization token, follow the given steps-
1. Login to your SwiftKanban account and click on user name.
2. In the User Profile window, on the left tool bar, click the Authorization Token.
3. From the User Token Information Window, copy the Authorization Token.
4. After entering Swiftkanban URL, login ID, and Authorization Token, click the Save.
- Select the Kanban Board that you want to Integrate with your MS Teams account.
Note: this is one-time login after this user can perform SwiftKanban commands using the Bot.After entering Swiftkanban URL, login ID and Authorization Token, click the Save
- Click Save. A message is shown on the screen for successfully signing in the application.
You are all set to access your SwiftKanban account from MS Teams. Where you can open and work on any of your Kanban Board, create, modify and delete cards, add ToDos, and do much more.
Performing Board Operations
Once you add the SwiftKanban tab to any of your channels in your team, the SwiftKanban account opens in that tab of the channel where you can log in to the application and access the account.
However, you can perform the supported Board operations from any of the channels in your team using the SwiftKanban Bot.
To perform board operations via SwiftKanban Bot, follow the given steps –
- In the conversation, type @SwiftKanban.
- From the suggestions, select SwiftKanban.
- Click What can I Do and select Cards.
- Press Enter. The SwiftKanban cards appear in a window.
By default, it will show 10 cards that have been created recently on your Kanban Board. The latest cards will be shown in the window while the others can be seen using the left and right arrow icon.
Once the card window appears, you can perform the following card operations via Swiftkanban bot-
- Route Card
- Add Comment to a Card
- Update card Details
The Route Card option allows you to move your card to a different column or lane.
To move a card, perform the given steps –
- Click the Move Card button in the Card Window. A drop-down list appears below.
- From the drop-down list, select the lane in which you want to move the card.
- Click OK.
- A drop-down list appears that enlists all the columns of that lane. Select the column in which you want to move your card.
- Click the Submit button. Your card is moved to the selected column and lane, and a message is shown for the same.
Add comment to a card
As the name suggests, the Add comment option allows you to add a comment to your card. To add a comment, perform the following steps-
- Click the Comment button on the card window.
- Enter the comment that you want to add to your card.
- Click OK. The comment is added to the card and a message is also shown for the same.
Update Card Details
The Update Card Details option allows you to update some of the fields of a card like Priority, Title, Card Size, and Due Date. To update the card details, perform the following steps –
Note: On clicking the Assign to me button will set you as the card owner.