Important Information: By reading this Help page, you will get to know how to import/export Board data in the Old Board layout. If you want to know the same in the New Board layout, see this page.
Using the Import or Export feature, you can either import the board details into SwiftKanban or export the board details to a zip folder on your system. This topic will help you understand how to Export Board details or how to import Board data into SwiftKanban.
Note that you can import or export only one board at a time. The data for custom fields in the card types is also exported.
To export board details and cards for a particular board:
- Navigate to the list of boards by clicking the Boards menu on the toolbar.
- Click a board to select for exporting and click the Export icon on the toolbar.
- In the Export window, enter the name of the file for saving the file on your system.
- Click Submit.
Note that the export process for cards will fail if the card type name contains any of these special characters — [ ] ? / \ *.
The file is downloaded to your system. When you open the file, you will see that the zip folder includes a ‘Text Document’ that contains the board information, and other information’s i.e. User Stories, Defect, Issues and other custom card types contain details of cards.
Note: To use the Export feature in SwiftKanban, one must have the supporting license. Please contact us at [email protected] to know how to avail of it.
Important Information: To import a Board on the My Boards page, you must have Organization Admin access.
To import board details and cards for a particular board, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Recent Boards > View All or via Admin > My Boards.
- On the My Boards page, click the Import icon from the side toolbar.
- In the Import window, choose the file on your system.
- Click Submit.
Note: To use the Import feature in SwiftKanban, one must have the supporting license. Please contact us at [email protected] to know how to avail of it.