If you are working with large Kanban boards involving multiple teams, you are sure to find the ‘Defining Teams’ feature very useful. SwiftKanban allows grouping members in ‘Teams’ and using the ‘Team List’ filter on the Kanban board and Reports to track the progress of cards assigned to a specific team.
After you add users into SwiftKanban, you can group them into teams. You can include a user into multiple teams such as Developer Team, QA Team, and so on.
One thing to note, the purpose of building a team is to create a group of people with a specific goal. So, the team represents a group of users, but it does not take any work or card in its name. The work or card always gets assigned to the user who may belong to the multiple teams.
Creating a Team
To define a team at the Enterprise level:
1. Click the Team option from the Admin menu.
2. Click Create icon in the Side toolbar to create the first team in your enterprise. Enter the Team name and its description.
To locate the user, you can perform any of the following steps:
a. Scroll the list
b. You can also filter the list based on First Name, Last Name, Role, Login Id and Email Address by clicking the filter icon
c. You can switch to list view, by clicking the Switch to ListView icon. You can search by typing in each field, the list box displays the matching users.
4. Click the Create Team button in the right corner.
The team is created and listed in the Team view.
Editing a Team
2. From the Kanban Development pane, click the required user to add them to the Added Members pane.
To locate the user, you can perform the following steps:
1.Scroll the list
2. You can also filter the list based on First Name, Last Name, Role, Login Id and Email Address by clicking the filter icon
3. You can switch to list view, by clicking the Switch to ListView icon. You can search by typing in each field, the list box displays the matching users.
4. Click the Update Team button to save the settings.
5. To rename the team, click the icon for the team. Edit the team name and click the Update Team button in the right corner.
6. To delete the team from the enterprise, select the team, click Delete icon from the Side toolbar. After confirmation, the team will be deleted permanently and users tagged to the Team will no longer belong to the depleted team.
Teams Available for Projects
Team Member Invite: After teams are defined in the enterprise, these can be used to filter team members based on specific teams when inviting the team members into projects. For example, in the Team List Filter select Testing and Automation. The list displays users selected from the Testing and Automation teams.
The Team Members page also displays the Team List filter box to filter the list to view team members belonging to specific teams. See Team Setup page for more details.
Board Filter: Using the filter, you can view only those cards that are assigned to the team members belonging to the teams you select in the Filter. The team members who belong to a team and assigned to your project, cards for only those teams will be displayed on the board. See Board Filter for more details.
Status Reports: In Status reports, you can view reports for the team members belonging to the teams you select in the ‘By Team List’ filter. See Reports for more details.