For an enterprise, an administrator needs to create users so that these users can be assigned to boards. Once the administrator creates users and assigns a primary role, they get an invite to access the application, after which the user can start working on the board.
According to the role assigned to a user, it provides or restricts access to application modules.
To create users for the application, perform the following steps:
- Open the list of people page by clicking the icon on the toolbar, then navigate to People menu link on the toolbar.
- On the list of People page, click the create icon () on the Side toolbar.
- Enter the following details:
- First Name and Last Name of the user
- Login Id: Enter the login Id of the user that will be used to log into the application
- Email Id: Enter the email Id of the user where the registration notification mail is sent. This email Id has instructions to change the default password of the account.
- Primary Role: Select the required role from the list for the user. It determines the user’s privileges to access modules in the application. To know more about roles, see the Roles in SwiftKanban help page.
- Board: Select the board name to which you would like to assign the user. Note, only the active Boards will be available for the selection.
- Board Role: Select the role you would like to assign user for the selected board.
- Team: Select the team to which you want to assign the new user.
- Time Zone: Set the time to match the Time Zone of the user.
- Click Save to submit the details.
- Click the +Add button to add more rows.
Note: For creation of less than 10 users, Id creation status notification messages are displayed in the UI itself. When you add more than 10 users in one go, you will get a notification email indicating the user creation status in your registered email Id. The notification email provides tabulated data for both successfully created user ids and failed instances with the error messages for their failure.
Editing User Profile
Once you have entered the necessary information to create a user, you can edit the user’s profile to add other details such as contact information, personal details, and so on.
To edit the user details:
Open the list of people page by clicking the icon, then navigate to People menu link on the toolbar. This page lists the users created in the application.
Under the People tab, select the user row in the list of people and click Edit on the toolbar.
Note: If you are changing the role of an ‘Admin’ user, ensure that atleast one user in the application has the ‘Admin’ role.
Other than editing user details, on the list of people page, you can:
- View user profile by selecting a row and double-clicking a user row to view the profile.
- Generate password for a user by selecting a row and clicking on the Generate Password icon on the toolbar. You can generate a password if the user cannot set/reset the password for some reason.
- Filter users based on user attributes. Click the Filter icon and in the empty filter boxes above any column, type the text to be searched, and select the values in the filter lists.
- Sort Users based on any column name by clicking the column label.
- Delete Users by selecting the required user and clicking the Delete button on the toolbar.
Once a user leaves the organization, delete the user to close the SwiftKanban account.
Note: When deleting a user with the ‘Admin’ role, ensure that there is at least one user in the application with an ‘Admin’ role.
When you delete a user, who is assigned to another board, you will see an alert message. Click OK. You should unassign the user from other boards (see Deleting a Team Member section to unassign a user) and then delete the user account from the people list as instructed below.
- Open the list of people page by clicking the icon, then navigate to People menu link on the toolbar.
- Navigate to the List of People page by clicking the People menu link on the toolbar.
- On the People tab, click the required user row and then click the Delete button on the toolbar.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window to continue.
- On successful deletion, click OK in the information window.
If you are trying to delete a user who is assigned in some board, you will see an alert message. Click OK. You will have to delete the user from boards and then delete the user account from the People list. See Deleting a Team Member section to unassign a user.