Once you are familiar with SwiftKanban interface, you can get quickly started by creating a new workspace ( called as ‘Board’ in SwiftKanban) to get going.
Note: If you have ‘Admin’ or ‘Manager’ role at the Organization level, then only you can create a new board
To create a new board:
Tips: We have an exciting in-app Learning Enabler, called Challenges that would help you learn and create the Board interactively. Please navigate to Help & Support > Challenges from the top level menu and try out the Challenges.
1. Click the Main Menu icon on the top and select Boards from the menu.
2. From the List of Boards view, click the Create icon on the Side toolbar on the left.
3. Enter the name and description for your board in the Create New view. You can select a template if required. (Templates in SwiftKanban are ready-to-use Board models with pre-defined Lane Settings, Card Types, and Board Policies. The board owner then need not define the board from scratch.)
In the Template list, select a Template. The list displays all the ‘Active’ templates.
To preview the template before applying to your board, click the View Template icon on the Template image appearing in the Select a Template list. Click the Select Template icon on the thumbnail image.
4.Click the Create button.
5.After the board is created, the Kanban Board for the board appears. The breadcrumb changes to Boards» <Selected Board> » Kanban Board, for example, Boards » SwiftKanban Demo » Kanban Board, where SwiftKanban Demo is the selected board. The Kanban Board appears by default. If you click the ‘Board’ name in the breadcrumb, you can view the Board menu.
To add and edit the board details such as Start and End Dates, or add comments and attachments, and so on,
1.Click Board Profile on the breadcrumb.
2.Click the Edit icon on the Side toolbar.
3.Make your changes and click the Save icon.
4.Click Back to return to the List of Boards view.
Next time you log on to the application, the Kanban board that you have accessed last will appear by default.
To get started on your board, select the required menu from the breadcrumb menu:
- Set up your Team: Select Team Member to invite team members. They can start accessing your board, Kanban board, etc. See Set Up Your Team topic for help.
- Visualize your Workflow/Process: A default process is set up on the Kanban Board. Select Kanban Board and then click the Board Editor on the Side toolbar to define your process, configure card types, and other board policies. See Visualize Your Workflow/Process topic for help.
- Manage work using the Kanban Board: Start creating cards on the board and flowing work by assigning them to team members. See Working with Cards topic for detailed help. You may go for the following features available to streamline work execution:
- Define your board backlog: Select Cards and select Backlog to create cards as your board backlog from where you can execute them on the board. See Define Backlog topic for help. You can also go to select User Stories, Defects, etc. from Cards to go to that specific list views and add cards. The All Cards view lists all cards that are ‘Active’ (cards being executed on the board), ‘Blocked’ (work on cards that has been stopped temporarily), and closed (archived from the board).
- Release and Sprint Planning: You can plan your releases and split them into sprints for managing releases efficiently. These features (available on enabling the plug-ins) are provided as support for Scrum practitioners to define the scope, track capacity utilization and progress using visual indicators and Burndown charts. See Release Planning and Sprint Planning topics for help.
- Measure the flow using Analytics: Select Analytics to measure key performance metrics like Lead Time/Cycle Time, track the Cumulative flow and find ways to improve your process. See Analytics topic for help.
- View Reports for better operations: Select Reports to track the work status Team member-wise, Card-wise, and Time logged for Cards and To-Dos. See Reports topic for help.
Now, you can get going with your board and browse more help topics from the TOC on the left to use some cool features in SwiftKanban features such as Exporting and Importing cards, Personalize Your Dashboard, Quick Links Widget, and more.
To access other boards, go to the List of Boards view by clicking the Boards link on the top. The view displays a list of boards you created and to which you are invited and working on.
- View and Edit Board Details by selecting a board and clicking the Edit icon.
- Filter Boards based on board attributes. Click the Filter icon and in the empty filter boxes above any columns, type the text to be searched and select values in the filter lists.
- Sort Boards based on any column name by clicking on that column label.
- Export Board details such as Board name, Created By, etc. to an Excel file. along with the cards with details. Click the board, and then click the Export icon. For more information, see Exporting a Board.
Delete Board by selecting the board and clicking the Delete icon. You can only delete a single board at a time, provided you have Manager role for that board.
Note: Delete board option will be available if you have ‘Admin’ or ‘Manager’ role at the organization level.