In this topic, you will get to know more about the following activities. You can jump onto their details by clicking any of them:
- Create Kanban Board
- View Board List and perform activities like Sort, Filter, Export, and others from the My Boards page
Note: You must have the ‘Admin’ or ‘Manager’ role at the Organization level to create a new board.
Creating a Kanban Board
Tips: We have an exciting in-app Learning Enabler, called Challenges that would help you learn and create the Board interactively. Please navigate to Help & Support > Challenges from the top level menu and try out the Challenges.
1. Click the Module menu icon on the top and select My Boards from the menu.
2. From the List of Boards view, click the Create icon on the Side toolbar on the left.
3. Select an option for which you want to use SwiftKanban. This selection should be driven by the purpose for which you want to create the Board. For example, selecting Sales as an option here will fetch related templates in the next stage of the Board creation.
To move to the next stage, click the Continue button or click the right arrow icon.
4. Select a template related to the domain that you have chosen in the previous step. You can browse through the templates based on three categories: Recommended (Best fit for the domain), Most Popular (Based on the number of Boards created using a template) and Domain (Sales, Marketing, Human Resource and so on).
Note: Templates in SwiftKanban are ready-to-use Board models with pre-defined Lane Settings, Card Types, and Board Policies. The Board owner then needs not to define the board from scratch.
5. Enter the name and description for your Board. The template you have chosen in the previous stage is shown here as selected.
Click the Create Board button.
6. Your Kanban Board is created and also displayed by default. The breadcrumb changes to Boards» <Selected Board> » Kanban Board, for example, Boards » Inbound Sales 2019» Kanban Board, where Inbound Sales 2019 is the selected Board. If you click the Board name in the breadcrumb, you can view the Board menu.
Tips: If you think the Board you are going to create might be replicated to create a similar one in the future, then you can save the newly created Board as a template, and then later create a new one using that same template. This Help page will help you understand how to save a Board as a Template and the above information will guide you on how to create a Board from a Template.
To add and edit the board details such as Start and End Dates, or add comments and attachments, and so on,
1.Click Board Profile on the breadcrumb.
2.Click the Edit icon on the Side toolbar.
3.Make your changes and click the Save icon.
4.Click Back to return to the List of Boards view.
Next time you log on to the application, the Kanban board that you have accessed last will appear by default.
To get started on your board, select the required menu from the breadcrumb menu:
- Set up your Team: Select Team Member to invite team members. They can start accessing your board, Kanban board, etc. See Set Up Your Team topic for help.
- Visualize your Workflow/Process: A default process is set up on the Kanban Board. Select Kanban Board and then click the Board Editor on the Side toolbar to define your process, configure card types, and other board policies. See Visualize Your Workflow/Process topic for help.
- Manage work using the Kanban Board: Start creating cards on the board and flowing work by assigning them to team members. See Working with Cards topic for detailed help. You may go for the following features available to streamline work execution:
- Define your board backlog: Select Cards and select Backlog to create cards as your board backlog from where you can execute them on the board. See Define Backlog topic for help. You can also go to select User Stories, Defects, etc. from Cards to go to that specific list views and add cards. The All Cards view lists all cards that are ‘Active’ (cards being executed on the board), ‘Blocked’ (work on cards that has been stopped temporarily), and closed (archived from the board).
- Release and Sprint Planning: You can plan your releases and split them into sprints for managing releases efficiently. These features (available on enabling the plug-ins) are provided as support for Scrum practitioners to define the scope, track capacity utilization and progress using visual indicators and Burndown charts. See Release Planning and Sprint Planning topics for help.
- Measure the flow using Analytics: Select Analytics to measure key performance metrics like Lead Time/Cycle Time, track the Cumulative flow and find ways to improve your process. See Analytics topic for help.
- View Reports for better operations: Select Reports to track the work status Team member-wise, Card-wise, and Time logged for Cards and To-Dos. See Reports topic for help.
Now, you can get going with your board and browse more help topics from the TOC on the left to use some cool features in SwiftKanban features such as Exporting and Importing cards, Personalize Your Dashboard, Quick Links Widget, and more.
View Board List
To access other boards, go to the list of Boards view via Recent Boards > View All or via Admin > My Boards. The view displays a list of boards you created and to which you are invited.
- Add Board: We have explained how to add a board on this Help page.
- View and Edit Board Details by selecting a board and clicking the View or Edit icon.
- Filter Boards based on the board attributes. Click the Filter icon and in the empty filter boxes above any columns, type the text to be searched and select values in the filter lists.Note: By default, the filter will be applied on the listing to display only the open Boards. You can modify the filter by clicking the Filter icon and selecting All to include both Active and Closed Boards.
- Sort Boards based on any column name by clicking on that column label.
- Import or Export Board: Using the Import or Export feature, you can either import the board details into SwiftKanban or export the board details to a zip folder on your system. Get to know more about Import or Export from this Help page.
- Delete Board: Delete Board by selecting the board and clicking the Delete icon. You can only delete a single board at a time. This option will be available if you have ‘Admin’ or ‘Manager’ role at the organization level.
- Reopen Board: If you have the Account Admin or Organization (Org.) Admin role, you can reopen a closed Board. Get to know more about it from this help page on reopening a Board.