Other than viewing the cards in the SwiftKanban Board, you can also view them in the list format. The Card listing page in Swiftkanban helps you monitor cards in a group and view their status, estimates, priority, or any other attributes
By default, the List view displays the cards on the Kanban board. You can select to view the list of all the cards, the cards of a specific card type, or those in Backlog. The column headings on the listing page are actually the fields configured for the card. You can scroll through left and right to view all the columns, and up and down to view all the cards. Users of all roles can see the card from the cards listing.
In card listing, you can see –
- All the cards on the Board
- Cards of Backlog Board
- Cards of a specific Card Type
To view the card listing –
- Go to the Board menu and select Cards.
- Based on your requirement, select All cards, Backlog or a specific card type.
You will see a list of cards. By default, all the cards are shown with all the status including open, closed, archived and blocked. The columns in the listing view of cards are the attributes of the cards like Name, Status, Done Date, Size, Rank, Created By, Priority etc.
All Cards Listing
In Card listing you can see all the cards – default cards and, also the custom cards like User Stories, Defects, Issues etc.
As the name suggests, here you can see the cards available in your Backlog board in the listing format. You can also add these cards to the Kanban board by clicking the Add to Board button. In the card listing of Backlog boards, some columns like Done Date will not be available as the Card is in Backlog only.
Specific Card Types
Select a specific card type from the Card drop-down list after clicking the Board menu and it will show the cards of that particular card type like selecting user Stories, you will see only the user stores. So if you want to see the cards of any specific card type, then this is the best place to see as well as perform any operations on those cards.
In the card listing view, you can create, edit or view the information of the cards. Some of the operations that can be performed on the cards are –
- Create a new card.
- Edit an existing card
- View a card
- Export cards
- Import cards
- Filter cards based upon specific criteria
- Create a new card – You can create a new card on the Kanban board from the Cards listing itself. To create a new card, click the Create icon in the left panel, and enter the required information for the card like name, description, priority, column where it is to be placed on Kanban board etc and click Save. You can create one card at a time using the Card listing view.
Note: The Create icon won’t be visible to a user having Reader role access.
While you create a new card here, the card will automatically be added on the Kanban board in the column you have selected in the create card window.
- Edit an existing card – Just like the Board, you can edit a card in the card listing also. To edit a particular card, select that card and click the Edit You can edit one card at a time.
Note: The Edit icon won’t be visible to a user having Reader role access.Other than editing the card details, you can also see or establish the relationship with other cards via the Linked cards section. View, add or edit a comment in the Comments section. Add or download an attachment from the Attachments section. You can also download all the attachments at a time. See the activities performed on the card the Activity log section and also, the movements of the cards in the Movement Log section. In the ToDo section, you can see all the ToDos of the card. To know more about these sections and operations performed via them, read here.
- View a card – This option lets you view the information of a card in the read only mode. If you have a team member role or manager role, then you can also add or modify comments, relationship of the card, attachments and ToDo as mentioned above. You can also see the activity logs and Movement logs in the respective sections of the card.
- Export cards – This icon helps you to export all or selected cards. To know more about the Export Card feature, read here.
- Import cards – This option helps you to import cards from an outside file into the Card listing view of Kanban board. These cards will also be shown on the Kanban board. To know more about the Import card feature, read here.
- Delete – just like the Kanban board, you can delete a card from the list view. Once a card is deleted, you can’t retrieve it back. In the card listing, you can delete multiple cards at a time.
Note: The Delete icon won’t be visible to a user having Reader role and Team member role access.To delete multiple cards –
1. Select the cards that you want to delete.
2. Click the Delete icon on the left tool bar.
3. Click Yes in the Confirmation.
- Filter – This option helps you filter out cards based on some specific criteria like Priority, card owner etc. You can apply one or multiple filters at a time.
To apply a filter-
1. Click the column or attribute of the card, based on which you want to filter out cards.
2. Select the specific value from the drop-down list or enter the value in the text box below that column whose cards you want to see.
As you tab out of the column or select the options from the drop-down fields, all the cards will be filtered based on the selected or entered values.
To remove a filter, go to the particular column and remove the value from the text box or select All in the drop-down list.