Cycle Time Average
Cycle Time Column wise Average
Cycle Time Distribution
Cycle Time – Control
Throughput Card Count/Card Estimates
By tracking the key analytics, SwiftKanban helps you to measure the flow and find blockages and wastage. The analytics can help you gain greater insight into your processes and help you make improvements.
To generate the charts and analytics, go to your board, and select Analytics from the board menu. Click the required Analytics tab to view the analytics.
The charts are organized in the following structure for easy viewing.
- Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD): Track the flow of the cards on the board and how close you are to completing the board as a whole.
- Cycle Time:
- Overall Average: Displays the Cycle Time, Wait Time, Work Time, and Blocked Time in a single view. By including Backlog lane in filters, view the Lead Time.
- Column-wise Average: shows a comparative column-wise trend of cycle time.
- Cycle-Time Distribution shows the histogram of card distribution in different ranges of Cycle Time.
- Cycle Time Control: Can be filtered to view outliers beyond Cycle Time control limits.
- Throughput: Enables SCRUM teams in measuring throughput in terms of card estimates/points delivered in a Release / Sprint.
- Blocking Analysis: provides you some great Root Cause analysis and the impact of blocking on your organization!
- Card Distribution: gives you a simple Dashboard of the % distribution of cards based on key attributes such as Priority, Class of Service, and so on.
- Flow Efficiency: shows you how much percentage of the team was spent on actually working on a card, excluding the wait and blocked time.
Note: We now have a contemporary widget-style Analytics view that has all charts in a single view. On the right corner of your Analytics page, click the New icon, which on hovering displays ‘Check out the new Analytics View’. Thereafter, the view will persist across sessions. You can click the OLD icon showing ‘Revert to old Analytics’ to return to the old Analytics view anytime.
SwiftKanban provides you several filter options for viewing the chart for specific columns, period, card types, etc.
To select the filter options:
In the Analytics tab, click the Filter icon on the Auto-hide toolbar that docks out on the left edge. The description of the filter options specific to an Analytic is described in the respective Analytic page.
Select the options accordingly, in the filter window, and click Apply. The chart will be refreshed.
- Select a specific period, i.e. the Start Date and End Date from the calendar to limit the scope of data. View charts by selecting appropriate dates to analyze the recent performance of the team (e.g. change in Average Cycle Time) against the previous duration or the outcome of any process change. The date range in the Blocking Analysis has a different implication.
- Select specific card types.
- Select one or all Lanes if you have defined more than one. If you select the ‘All’ option, the chart considers all cards that exited the last lane.
- Choose exactly the stages for which you want to generate by selecting the Start column and End column. The charts consider the cards that have exited the End column in the date range and may or may not have entered the Start column. The column selection in the Blocking Analysis has a different implication.
- Select ‘No. of Cards’ or ‘% Cards’ which will be scaled on the Y axis (Available for Cycle Time Distribution Chart only). The Time Period selection is not applicable here.
- The filter options selected for generating analytics are persisted within and across sessions so that you don’t have to select the options every time. To help you interpret the charts better, the footer below the charts display the selected filter options such as Start Column and End Column, Class of Service, etc.
- When a value for a Filter option is marked with an asterisk, it denotes that the value is deactivated.
When you open Analytics in the new view, all the charts are arranged in a single view as widgets.
The contemporary widget-style allows you to reorganize by dragging and dropping the charts as you want by holding onto the chart header.
- Extend the chart to view more details by dragging the right corner of the chart outwards and drag it inwards for a smaller view.
- Double –click the chart header to see a maximized view of a chart. Double-click on the Column header of the maximized view to revert to the minimized view.
- Individual filters for every chart will override the common filter available for all charts on the toolbar.
- Click the Save icon on the toolbar to save you reorganized layout, which persists across sessions.
- In the Card Distribution widget, click the attribute drop-down list in All Cards, Backlog Cards, In-Progress, Archived to view chart for that value. For example, All Cards- Class Of Service.
- In the Throughput and CFD widget, click the filter to plot chart by Card Count or Card Estimates.
- In the Cycle, Time Control and Cycle Time Distribution widget shown by default, in the filter, select Work Time, Wait Time, Blocked Time, or maintain Cycle Time option in the Metric list. The chart is plotted and renamed accordingly.
By default, all the analytics are organized into thirteen widgets in the new Analytics view. You can customize the new Analytics view to track specific charts that you want to focus on. You can remove widgets that you don’t want and add these back whenever you want.
To select the widgets in the Analytics view, click the Settings icon on the toolbar. In the Settings pop-up, all widgets are selected by default. To remove a widget, clear the check box for it. To add a widget, select the check box for it. Click Apply to apply the settings and save. The customized settings will persist within and across sessions.
You can see that the widgets removed will leave empty spaces. You need to reorganize by dragging and dropping the widgets for a better view. The reorganized view need to be saved (Click Save on the toolbar) to persist it across sessions.