SwiftEase lets you establish the link between cards to indicate dependencies or relationships using the ‘Linked Cards’ feature available on the cards. The links can be internal (on the same board) or external ( across boards). For example, after you set the relationship between a user story to a defect, you can later trace the origin of a story and understand the defect which led to the development of that feature.
Card Type should have links defined so that cards of only selected card types are linked to each other. For example, a defect can have upward traceability to a user story and downward traceability to an issue. See Defining Links Between Card Types page for detailed help.
To define links between cards on the board :-
- Hover on the card to be linked and click the Options icon.
- Go to Links > Linked Cards option from the menu, which displays the Linked Cards tab in the Detail view of the card.
Alternatively, you can directly access the linked card section by clicking on the icon on the card.
Note: For cards that already have their hierarchy defined, you can directly access the linked cards section by clicking the icon corner on the child card or the icon of a parent card.
In the Linked Cards view, you can set the upward link (Child to Parent) and downward links (parent to Child).
- To set an upward link (Child to Parent), click the Add Parent Card icon.
4. Search the parent card by clicking the Search and Link as Child Card . Enter the card attribute and the search string for that attribute separated by a colon. The search results display cards containing the search string categorized under Boards. The results will show only those matching cards that are of card type that has an upward link (Child to Parent) set for the User Story card type. (The upward and downward links between card types are set in the Admin > Settings > Card Type Links view). If there are no matching cards, it displays No results found. You can search the card in other boards by clicking the Search Globally link. if the card exists, it will be listed along with the Board Name.
5. Select the required card from the search results. The link is established as shown in the example below.
The image shows that ‘User Story 18’ can be further linked to cards for upward traceability and downward traceability from the same view.
6. For multiple card linking, you can select more than one cards by just clicking to select one or more cards and hit the Add button to link multiple cards in one go. See the image below.
Removing Link between Cards
You can remove an existing link between two cards from the Linked Cards section. Go the Linked Cards section of a card (Card Option > Links > Linked Cards) and hover on the upper right corner of the card for which you want to delete the link. There is a Delete Link (s) icon. Click that icon and confirm the prompt message. The link will be removed.
Previously, the user, who is not a team-member on a board, could not view the card details of that board in the card hierarchy.
Now, the same user can view the ID, title, board name and current column of a card of that board, displayed in the Linked Cards section, provided the Show Basic Details of Card in Hierarchy and Release/Iteration to Non Team Member check box is selected in the Admin > Settings > Admin Policy page.
For example, you are Manager in board 1(named Importing), but not a team member of board 2(named Documentation). Board 1 has a card, titled Automation, which is linked to the card, called Manual Testing in board 2. So, in the Linked Cards section, you can view the ID, title, board name and current column (in hover view) of card Manual Testing in a card hierarchy.