Master Lists are used to create a field which will contain certain attributes related to this field. There are a few default Master Lists such as Class Of Service with values such as Expedite, Fixed Delivery Date, Standard Class, and Intangible Class.
You can create your own Master Lists with the list of values (LOVs)based on your need. These fields and field attributes can be activated or deactivated based on your requirement.
To create a Master List:
Navigate to Admin >> Settings and click the Master Lists icon on the toolbar. The Master List page displays the existing Master Lists.
- Click the Create icon on the toolbar.
- In the New Master List page, enter the name of the new Master List.
- Click Save to save the new Master List.
- To add and update the attribute values to the Master List, see steps for Updating Master list.
You may make changes to the Master List such as change the name of the Master List, add or delete an attribute value, deactivate an attribute value, and change the name of the attribute value.
- In the List of Master List page, click the Master List that you want to modify.
- Double-click the required Master List. The Master List View displays two panes i.e. the Master List Details and LOV Details.
- To change the name of the Master List, edit the name and click the Save icon in the Master List Details pane. You cannot rename a system-created Master List, but can add new LOVs to it, and update the system-created LOVs.
- In the LOV Details section, you may make following changes, and then click Save on its toolbar:
- To add an attribute value to the field, click the Add icon on the LOV Details toolbar. A new Item row appears. Double click the Label cell and type the label which you want to be displayed for a field. Double click the Current Status to select Active to activate the attribute value. Click OK to Save.
- To delete an attribute value, double-click the Current State value for the required attribute value. Click the Deleted value from the list and click OK. An asterisk before a value indicates that it is deactivated if already used on boards.
- To modify an attribute value, double-click the label, make changes and click OK.
To add a child attribute value, click the Add Child ( ) icon by the side of the parent attribute value. A new Item row is displayed. Double click the label cell and type the label which you want to be displayed for a field. Double click the current status to select Active to activate the attribute value. Click Save to save the child attribute value.
In the following example, attribute value Technology has been appended with the child attribute values like Complex Technology, which has further child value Tech Not Supported in the Master List.
After you set the above hierarchy of LOVs in the Risk Codes Master List, you can then select that child attribute value as a Risk Code for a Kanban card. Once you save that Risk Code with your comment on that Kanban card, it the child attribute value appears with comment as a hover text on the highlighted Risk icon.
Note: Currently adding child attribute value option is available for Risk Codes, Blocking Reason and Issue Code only. You can remove a child attribute value by clicking the Remove Child icon only before it is saved.
Creating Order for List of Values
The LOVs appearing in the drop-down field lists can be sorted alphabetically. In the Master List of the Field, set the position of the LOVs to zero.
To display the LOVs in fields in the order you want, double-click the Position cell and enter the position value for that attribute value. Similarly, you can reorder the attribute values to appear in fields of card types.
Even mapping a Master list is possible, by using the Master List Mapping feature. To know more, click here.