The Issue, User Story, and Defect are the default card types available on the Work Board. You can define custom Card Types based on the business need.
To create your own Card Type, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Admin > Settings.
- On the Card Listing page, click the Create icon.
- Enter the Card Name. Ensure that the card type name does not contain any of these special characters — [ ] ? / \ *. The export process of cards will fail due to the limitation of Microsoft Excel that the worksheet name cannot contain these characters.
- Enter the short Code to identify the card type.
- Select the color for the card type which will be used to identify the card type on the board. You may change the color later.
- Enter the description for the card type. The description that you add to any card type can act as an explicit policy that can guide the usage of various card types. This can be viewed by the team members on the Kanban board before adding a card by just hovering on the ‘Card Type’ label in the ‘Legend’ menu.
- Click Submit.
- The card type is now listed on the Card Listing page.
Note: You can create a card type from any of the boards, which will be listed here in the Admin > Settings > Card Listing page. You can enable it for the board from where you created it, change the card color and define a default To-Do list for it. However, to define the custom fields etc, you will have to configure the card type from Admin > Settings > Card Listing page.