Adding a Card through Board Menu
To create a card, perform the following steps:
- Goto your Work Board, select Cards>All Cards from the Work Board menu. Alternately, you can also select the card type under the Cards menu.
- Click the Create icon from the side toolbar.
- In the new pop-up, enter the Card title, Card Type ( if you are creating the card from All Cards option) Lane and its Column, Assignees and other respective details. Note, you can enter details maximum up to 60000 characters (including HTML tags) in the Description field.
- Click Save.
The card will be created in the selected Lane and its respective column.
Adding a Card through Side Toolbar
- Click the Add Card icon on the side toolbar.
- In the new pop-up, enter the Card type, Title, Lane and its Column, Assignees and other respective details. Note, you can enter details maximum up to 60000 characters (including HTML tags) in the Description field.
Note: You can even select Backlog to add the card to the backlog if you do not want to work on it currently. If you miss selecting a lane when adding a card, the card will be added to the first lane on the board by default. You can change it later if you need to.
- You can also search and add a card that was Archived, Aborted or Discarded.
If you have already defined a backlog you can just pull the cards from the backlog and push it to the board.
- Click Save
Add a card to the board to indicate a work-item, and then move it to the next column as you complete your part of work.
- To add a card, right-click anywhere in the column i.e. the lane that indicates the current state of the work-item) to which you want to add.
- Select Add Card in the shortcut menu.
- In the card placeholder, select the card type and then type a card title and press ENTER.
Alternately you can also click Save & Next button.
The card appears in the lane with the card carousel showing default values for mandatory card attributes such as Priority, Class of Service, and Size.
- Click the card title to edit values and add other details. Type the description of the card. Note, you can enter details maximum up to 60000 characters (including HTML tags) in the Description field. You can also use the formatting toolbar for text editing that provides basic features, including adding URLs and inserting images. Provide values for card attributes such as Due Date, Estimate, and so on. The Estimate can be entered for a Card in days/ hours/story points. You can use this estimate to track the progress of deliverables in a CFD and Throughput Chart.
- To assign different card owners, click the Avatar box showing your name and picture profile as you created the card. You can select multiple owners to a card by holding the SHIFT/CTRL keys in combination with the cursor/arrow keys. Thus, the card owners can add their own tasks to the card and report progress against them, which will finally roll-up to the card-level progress.
You can select ‘Unassigned’ as a value for Card Owner, in case you do not want to assign the card to any specific team member for that time.