To enforce better collaboration and compliance of the established processes, you can define additional policies for movement of cards on the board.
1. To activate the policies, navigate to your Work Board, and click the Board Editor icon on the side toolbar.
2 .In the Board Editor view, click the Board Policies icon on the toolbar. Various policies are displayed.
Note: Based on the assigned role on the board, the user can view the Board Policies icon.
3. Select the policies you want to apply on the board:
- Make comment entry mandatory on card movement: When team members move a card from one lane to another, the comment window appears, where they must enter comments. The policy helps the team to stay updated (by tracking the Comments section of the card) when cards change lanes.
- Alert team members if the cards are moved without task closure: If the card has To-Dos that have not been closed, the Complete Pending To-Dos window appears before the card moves to the next lane. Team members can update the Current State of the pending To-Do. On clicking the ‘Mark All as Complete icon’ on the To-Do toolbar, the pending To-Dos are automatically set to ‘Completed’. The policy proposes team members to close the pending To-Dos, but does not restrict from pulling the card to the next lane or keeping the To-Do as pending.
- Set default card type as <select any of the card types configured on your board>: When team members add a card on the board, the default card type set here appears automatically in the Card Type list in the Add card window. The policy saves time in selecting the card type manually, that are mostly added to the board.
- Track WIP limit violation reason: When team members pull a card violating the WIP limit of that lane, they have to enter the reason for the violation in the Comments window. The comments/reason entered on WIP violation are shown under the ‘Comments’ section of the Card and in the board ‘Activity Log’. This policy helps to track the reason behind WIP limit violation.
- Restrict Column WIP Limit Violation: It prevents addition or moving of cards to a column once its WIP limit is reached.
- Highlight cards when they are within  days of their Deadline (Due Date/Release Date) : A card gets highlighted within the defined number of days of a card Due Date or Release Date starting from today.
- Auto archive the cards in the Done type column after Days: Define the days after which all the cards in the Done column will be auto-archived.
- Auto-assign cards when pulled: When team members pull a card, the card will get automatically assigned to the team member who pulls it. The policy enables automatic assignment, thus keeping correct track of who is working on it as a card owner. For Example, If you define the number of days in this field as 3, then all the cards that are having Due Date or Release Date in next 3 days from today will be highlighted. Note: Cards that have been moved to the Done lane are not highlighted as work on it has already been completed.
- Allow Shared Resources on Board: Enabling this policy will allow the shared team members, who are not part of your Board or Team, access, update, or modify particular cards that they have been assigned to, with a read-only access to the rest of the cards on the board.
- Default column for card addition via email or linked cards: Enabling this policy will let you set the default column for adding a card via e-mail or adding a parent or child card in the Linked Cards section. The card by any of these methods, by default, will be added in that column unless specified.
- Actual Cost calculation driven by: In the Lean Budget, you can define how the actual cost will be calculated. You can set it to be based on the Actual Effort logged on ToDo(s) on a card or the Estimate entered on the cards. To know more about it, read the section on Actual on this Help page.